West Palm Beach Family Divorce Lawyer
Call to Schedule Your Consultation Today 561-296-1400
Palm Beach Family Law & Divorce > Palm Beach Family Lawyer > Palm Beach Family Law Modification Lawyer

Palm Beach County Family Law Modification Lawyer

There are times when you or the other party realizes that your current alimony or child support order, parenting plan, timesharing (visitation) or custody order is no longer working and that you need a modification to your family court order. It can be very difficult and time consuming to modify a prior family court order. That is why it is so important to have an experienced and competent attorney representing your best interest in that situation. The Law Office of Georgia T. Newman can assist with obtaining or defending modifications regarding any of these matters. Our family law modification lawyer has the knowledge and expertise to advocate for you in your modification case.

Modifying a Court Order in a Family Law Case

If there has been an unanticipated, substantial change of circumstances since the last court order in a family law case, it may make sense to seek modification of a court order. Matters which may be modified include:

  • Alimony
  • Child Support;
  • A timesharing arrangement;
  • A relocation request by a parent with a minor child and
  • A parental responsibility order.

When Can You Seek Modification after Divorce, Paternity or other Family Law Order?

A person may seek modification of a court order after divorce, establishment of paternity or other final family court order when circumstances have changed significantly to the point where modification is sensible. For example, Florida Statutes section 61.14 states that a court may grant a modification or termination of a spousal support (alimony) award in the event that since the granting of the divorce, the recipient of the alimony award has formed a supportive relationship with another unrelated person and otherwise meets the criteria of that statute.

It may also make sense to modify a child timesharing or custody arrangement if unanticipated and substantial facts occur as the child ages, or if one parent wants to relocate. Changing a child support or alimony order may also make sense if an accident were to occur leaving a person or child disabled (necessitating an increased level of support), or if the party paying support lost his or her job and was unable to find replacement employment , leaving them unable to make payments.

How Can an Attorney Help Me?

Despite your feelings that a modification of a court order makes sense, the court may not be so ready to agree, nor may your ex-spouse or the child’s other parent. In order to have your modification request granted, you will have to prove that a significant and unanticipated change in circumstances has occurred, and due to this change, modification is necessary. To help you gather evidence to do this, and to support you and guide you through the law, an attorney is essential.

Contact Our Palm Beach Family Modification Lawyer Today

At the Law Office of Georgia T. Newman, we are happy to review your case and advise you regarding whether a modification order makes sense. From there, we can represent you during the entire process.

To schedule your initial case review with our experienced family law attorney today, call us directly or contact us online to get started.

Share This Page:
MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2017 - 2021 The Law Office of Georgia T. Newman. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.